Your BCA Team for School Board
Larry is now serving his fourth term as a Burnaby School Trustee and served as Board Chair from 2010 to 2012.
A life long resident of Burnaby, Larry attended elementary, secondary and post-secondary schools in the community. He holds a Community Service Worker Certificate and a Diploma in Corrections from Douglas College and attended SFU where he graduated with a Bachelor of Arts – Criminology/Psychology degree.
Larry worked for over twenty years in the provincial and federal corrections system and remains a member of the Canadian and BC Justice Associations.
Larry served on the Burnaby Parks, Recreation and Culture Commission. After forty years, he continues to be involved with amateur youth sports in Burnaby and currently is Executive Administrator of the Burnaby Minor Hockey Association.
Larry is an Honourary Life Member of the Burnaby Minor Hockey Association and was inducted into the Burnaby Sports Hall of Fame in the Builder Category in 2006.
In 2013, Larry was awarded the Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Medal by Burnaby Douglas MP Kennedy Stewart to recognize his outstanding work in the community.
Larry currently serves on the following Burnaby School Board Committees:
- Chair, Youth & Community Services Committee
- Member, Community Relations Committee
- Member, Finance Committee
- Member, Building & Grounds Committee
- School Board Representative, Community Policing Committee
- BC School Trustees Association Provincial Council Member
- Burnaby Principals and Vice-Principal Association Liaison
- CUPE Liaison
In the community:
- BC School Trustees Association Metro Branch Representative
- Honoured Member, Burnaby Sports Hall of Fame
- Honourary Life Member, Burnaby Minor Hockey Association
- Former Commissioner and Deputy Chair, Burnaby Parks, Recreation & Culture Commission
- Chair, Breakfast for Learning – BC/Yukon Branch
- Currently sits on Board of Directors of Burnaby KidSport, Burnaby Sports Hall of Fame and the SFU Alumni Association
- Member, Canadian and BC Criminal Justice Associations
- Member, South Burnaby Garden Club
- Member, New Westminster Historical Society
- Member, Citizens Advisory Board, Burnaby Youth Custody Services