I have lived in Burnaby for 22 years with my wife Janey. Our son and our daughter both attend our neighbourhood’s public schools.
As a parent, I have seen the success that the Burnaby Citizens Association team has brought to Burnaby schools. I joined the team because I believe in a strong public education system and the power of neighbourhood schools to shape Burnaby.
For many years, I have been a volunteer in our community. I am proud of my four years as Chairperson of the Gilmore Community School Council, my work on various school district and city committees, and my coaching youth sports.
As a Burnaby School Trustee, I will work to ensure that Burnaby teachers have the classroom resources and technology they need for our children to learn and thrive. I am also passionate about ensuring that Burnaby schools are safe and accessible for all students, and that we look to expand on the “Family of Schools” model to use schools to build a stronger community.
I am excited to be on the Burnaby Citizens Association team. I look forward to serving you as an elected Trustee and to continue advocating for all of Burnaby’s children. Thank you for your support!
In the community:
- Gilmore Community School Council, Chairperson (4 years) & Member-at-Large
- Burnaby School District (SD41) - District Community School Advisory and Coordinating Committee, PAC Chair Representative
- Burnaby School District (SD 41) - Burnaby Community School Working Committee, DCSACC Representative
- City of Burnaby - Environment Committee and Sustainable City Advisory Committee, Citizen Representative
- Hastings Community Little League, Coach (8 years)
- Hastings Community Little League, Board of Directors (4 years)
- Burnaby District Parent Advisory Council, DPAC Representative (5 years)
- Gilmore Preschool, Board of Directors – School Fundraiser (5 years)
- Burnaby Oakeys Minor Softball, Coach