A Burnaby resident for over 20 years, I was first-elected School Trustee in 2008; I was Vice-Chair for four years and Chair for two. Now, I'm running for Council.
I've served on Burnaby's Social Sustainability Strategy Steering Committee and the Parks, Recreation and Culture Commission. I worked on the Healthier Community Partnership Steering Committee and the Task Force on the Sexually Exploited and At-Risk Youth. I'm Panjab Digital Library Canada's President and a Founding Director of the Sikh Research Institute Canada.
I bring proven leadership, progressive values and a passion for social justice. I've watched Burnaby grow into the dynamic, vibrant and innovative city it is today.
I am proud to stand with the Burnaby Citizens Association team as they work with our new provincial government partner on issues like homelessness, affordable housing, childcare and transportation. I am seeking your vote to keep enhancing the environmental, social and economic strength of Burnaby.
Baljinder currently serves as Vice-Chair of the Burnaby School Board and on the following Board Committees:
• Chair, Youth & Community Services Committee
• Buildings & Grounds Committee
• Community Relations Committee
• Education Committee
• Finance Committee
• ELL Consortium
• District Parent Advisory Liaison
• District Community School Advisory and Coordinating Committee
• BCSTA Metro Branch and Provincial Council
In the community currently:
• Sustainable City Advisory Committee
• Mayor’s Task Force on Graffiti
• Task Force on the Sexual Exploited and At-Risk Youth
• Burnaby Healthier Community Partnership Steering Committee
• President, Panjab Digital Library Canada
• Trustee, New Vista Society
• Founding Director, Sikh Research Institute Canada