I have been a resident of Burnaby for over 35 years and together with my wife, we raised two children who attended Burnaby’s public schools
As Chair of the Board and a Burnaby Trustee since 2008, I have seen what kind of positive impact our decision-making can have, both in ensuring Burnaby’s next generation reach their learning potential and in changing our schools into safe, accessible and well-funded institutions our community deserves. We’ve risen to the challenge of minimizing the impact of chronic provincial underfunding to Burnaby schools.
Now, with a new Provincial Government we are taking advantage of the opportunities created like seismic upgrades, funding for safe school initiatives and new childcare spaces.
If re-elected on October 20, I will continue the difficult but success filled work of carrying forward on our long-term planning and results oriented decision-making. Please vote for me and our entire Burnaby Citizens Association team.
In the community
- 1st Vice President, United Steelworkers, Local 1-2171
- Vice Chair, Burnaby Public Library, Chair-Finance Committee
- Trustee, Pacific Blue Cross, Health and Welfare Plan No. 1
- Director, Burnaby Family Life Institute, Chair-Personnel Committee
- Director, Forest Renewal BC, Vancouver Transition Centre
- Governor, Langara College, Chair Personnel Committee
- Director, West Coast Plywood Co. Ltd., an employee owned venture
- Director, Vancouver Community Legal Assistance Society
- Task Force Co-coordinator, Canada Employment and Immigration Commission